- SubscriptionsSite LicensesSite License FAQSample ReviewContact UsSubmit ProductsBack IssuesSample IssueSample Weekly NewsletterNewsArticlesMailbagRating MethodFAQSocial MediaPress and Media ResourcesCTR in the NewsEditorial CalendarEditorial GuidelinesDisclaimerCTR SupportersCTR StaffMore Info
- My Profile
- CTREX Library Hub
- Site License Options
- Library AppsLibrary ToysLibrary Video GamesReadingEarly ReadingFictionNon-FictionBack Issues [Pro]Exporting Tools [Pro]
- RubricsBack Issues
- All Time Best
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Library Apps
- Library Toys
- Library Videogames
- Early Math
- Early Reading
- Reading Skills
Submit Products for Review
We welcome submissions of children’s interactive media from any publisher of any size or part of the world. Any commercial product is "fair game" for a review, with no exceptions.
There are no fees associated with submitting products. Before you send us products, check to make sure your title is not already listed in the CTREX Database. You might also want to watch "Working With the Press… Do’s and Don’ts"
CTR considers apps, commercial video games, software, Internet sites and smart toys for ages birth-to 15-years-of-age. We don’t look at linear media or non-interactive products, and we can’t ensure that we’ll review every product.
What We Pick | Submission Form | Award Programs
Product Submission Form
* Final packaging and swag is not necessary and has no bearing on determining if a product gets reviewed.
Award Programs: KAPi Awards (Kids At Play Awards for Innovation) and the Bologna Ragazzi Digital Prize Products submitted to CTR are also automatically considered for one of two prizes; however YOU MUST USE THE CONTEST ENTRY FORM (we’re just one vote of many).
The annual KAPi Awards, to be given at the Kids at Play Summit in Las Vegas, NV during the first day of the International Consumer Electronics Show. Here’s how the award program works.
In an effort to identify innovation and excellence in the design of children’s interactive media, CTR Editor Warren Buckleitner and the attendees of the Dust or Magic institute will create a list of nominees, following the three days of testing and live demonstrations that are the normal part of the Institute. The attendees help create the list. During the Kids at Play Institute event, the winners will be selected during the lunch. To be eligible for an award, a product must have the following:
- Prior year’s copyright date. This includes a significant upgrade to an existing product. Minor changes to an existing product are not eligible.
- Designed for ages birth to 15.
- Child appropriate content (EC, E or T rated ESRB content).
- Any form of interactive content can be considered. Non interactive (e.g., video content) is not considered.
First week of December — Deadline for submitting products for KAPi Consideration, although please check with the formal site.
First week of January — Award winners and finalists announced in public.